Pregnancy is a delicate period in a woman’s life when she creates another existence. This period is a time when a fragile being gets nourishment inside her womb. Women have to prepare and take precautions to ensure that it will be healthy at childbirth. Learning more about pregnancy can enhance the chances of having a healthy baby and a problem-free delivery.
Pre Menstrual Dysphoric Disorder sounds like a very complicated medical condition. Believe me, it is. I have been diagnosed with PMDD two years ago, but it did not give me any reason to be depressed. In fact, the diagnosis finally released me from the chains of being miserable. Before getting this diagnosis, I was struggling with depression and god-knows-what other physical and emotional symptoms that literally paralyzes my whole being. I thought I was going insane already. Then I made a very strong move to finally see my doctor and know what’s wrong with me and get this over with.
A first-aid kit is essential to anyone who loves to travel. You will never know when you may find yourself sick, injured, or dealing with a serious condition. If you are a transient and you understand the importance of having a first-aid kit, take a look at what you should be carrying in your first-aid kit below.
Even if you brush your teeth, floss, and rinse daily, it is still possible that your oral care routine is not enough. When you’re a transient, this can be especially difficult since getting help for your oral health isn’t always necessarily possible. One moment, you may have the best pearly whites in the world and the next, you are dealing with aggressive gingivitis. Here are some tips on how to best care for your teeth and how to keep an eye on your overall oral health.
- Brush at Least Twice a Day
When you lead a transient lifestyle, it can be easier for you to catch illnesses and develop infections that are easily curable for others. Among the infections that you will probably deal with in your lifetime is toenail fungus. Toenail fungus can be unsightly, uncomfortable, and sometimes even painful. If you are suffering from a fungal infection in your toes, learn more about toenail fungus and how you can deal with it below.
How Does One Get Toenail Fungus?
The type of fungus that affects your nails and other parts of your body thrives in dark, warm, and moist environments. Fungi that have been left by others in places such as locker rooms, swimming pools, and public showers can easily be transferred to you when you walk barefoot across these surfaces. You can also get toenail fungus by wearing tight shoes that trap moisture in or by sharing nail care products with someone who has a fungal infection and who hasn’t sterilized their tools.
What Can I Do About My Toenail Fungus?
You can either purchase a toenail fungus medication from the drugstore (which is mainly preventative and has a tendency not to work once the infection has reached its later stages) or you could try using natural remedies to deal with the fungus.
Here are some natural remedies that you can try out on your toes:
- Tea tree oil is a powerful oil known for its ability to kill fungus and other bacteria. You can apply a little bit of it to the infected nail daily until the infection goes away. Be careful, however, tea tree oil is strong and shouldn’t be applied directly to the skin. If you’re worried that you may accidentally get some of it on your skin while you are applying it to your nails, mix it with some olive oil beforehand to dilute it.
- Coconut oil works to get rid of the fungus by destroying the wall that protects the fungus from harm. Unlike the oil mentioned above, coconut oil is not harmful if applied to the skin and it is actually used by some as a moisturizer. Use the oil daily on your infected toenail and wash off at least 15-minutes after you apply it.
- Mix mouthwash and vinegar. It may seem unusual but both of the liquids contain chemicals that have antifungal properties. Make a mix that is half mouthwash and half vinegar and place your toes in the mix for about an hour to reap the benefits.
- Urea paste helps dissolve the part of the nail that is infected. However, this will only work if the nail is lifted or is separate from the healthy part of the nail. Also, you will have to use antifungal medication after you have dissolved the nail to prevent it from getting infected again.
- Borax and baking soda work hand in hand to get rid of the fungus and to prevent it from growing back. If you choose to use these two powders, mix them and then add water to create a paste for your toenails. Use the paste at least twice a day until the fungus has disappeared and then keep using it for a couple of weeks afterward to keep the fungal infection from returning.
There will be some fungal infections that will not be curable by medications or natural methods if it has gone too far. If your nail is completely infected or if you are having severe pain because of the fungal infection, you need to visit a doctor to get the medication for the toenail or to have it removed.
There is a direct connection with substance abuse and related heart ailments, strokes included. To reduce chances of a stroke, one needs to seriously seek help for addiction.
My friend’s dad just had an ischemic stroke a few weeks ago. I remember him complaining of numbness and tingling in his arms all the way down to his fingers. He said that he was having difficulty smelling and tasting his food and had blurred visions while he was watching television. Then, just as he stood up to get a drink, he said he felt dizzy and eventually passed out. We really freaked out and called 911, waited for an ambulance to come and get him. It was only when we reached the hospital when we discovered that his dad just had a minor stroke.
Have you ever felt sad or had a feeling of lost? We experience a whole range of emotions on a daily basis and while many of us are able to carry on with our daily lives, many find it very difficult. However, does that mean to say these feelings will always be with us? Well, yes and no. there will be times when we feel upset and angry and sad and happy but they are transient and will pass over time.
Why We Experience a Range of Emotions
Who doesn’t feel sad from time to time? There are some who go on for days feeling sad and lonely and it’s an awful feeling. You can find you don’t want to interact with others and just want to be alone and at ease with your own company. It’s not as uncommon as you might think and if you think about it, sadness is all around us. However, sadness is transient and it doesn’t have to overtake our lives.
What can be more infuriating when you wake up in the morning with a big red mark on your forehead and you have a wedding to attend to? This red devil spoiled your day right away. Furthermore, you can’t hide it with any concealer or foundation. The big red bump is still sitting pretty on your forehead.
No one is really immune to sore throat. If you’re a baby, kid, a smoker or someone with allergies, you’re most likely to get a sore throat when it’s triggered by a viral infection such as the common cold or flu. Best if you don’t get too comfortable with it. Once it gets worse, it impends upper respiratory tract infection.